You can buy this product

  • Approximately 1:400 scale
  • Model height Haus des Lehrers 13 cm
  • Four-color printing on white cardboard 190 gr/m2
  • 2 Model arches size Din A 4
  • Packed as environmentally friendly PP-flat bag
  • Contents German manual and background information
  • Easy to build: scissors, ruler, glue – that's it
  • 4.90 Euro

please visit our department


 
 

Haus des Lehrers

The laying of the foundation stone for the house of the teacher, which mayor Friedrich Ebert on the 12th December, 1961 took, initiated the reorganisation of the Alexanderplatz. On the 9th September, 1964 Prime Minister Willi Stoph handed over the 56-m-high building executed as a ferro-concrete skeleton construction which had sketched a group under the direction of Hermann Henselmann. Possibly at the same place where in 1908 to 1945 the teacher club house stood this first new building on the Alexander's place was established ...., a cultural centre, educational centre and information centre for teachers and educators. The building counts twelve floors, two of it, hide behind a 125-metre-long and 7-metre-high picture frieze from glass elements, enamel elements, ceramics elements and metal elements. This piece of art comes from Prof. Walter Womacka. It reflects the social life of the country in numerous motives. The house rescues beside the educational central library in 3. and 4. Floor (behind the frieze) numerous seminar and meeting rooms as well as a cafe and a restaurant in the 1st and 2-nd upper floor. The foyer is used as a showroom. Assigned architecturally to the high rise, the convention hall with 1000 places joins to Alexanderstrasse. Under her aluminium dome numerous national and international congresses, scientific, political or cultural big events of rank take place annually.

Information from: Prang / Kleinschmidt, Durch Berlin zu Fuß, Berlin 1983, p. 66/67 and Keiderling Berlin1945-1986, Berlin 1987, S.604 / 605