You can buy this product
- Approximately 1:400 scale
- Model height WHHGT 18/21 ca. 16 cm
- Four-color printing on white cardboard 190 gr/m2
- 2 Model arches size Din A 4
- Packed as environmentally friendly PP-flat bag
- Contents German manual and background information
- Easy to build: scissors, ruler, glue – that's it
- 3.90 Euro
please visit our department
WHH GT 18/21
scale ca. 1: 400
In eighteen storey high rise buildings in the prefab series 6,3t were initially built to stand alone. From 1972 the WHH GT 18 fused with a twenty one storey high rise to become the WHH GT 18/21.
- 136/160 accomodation units
- partition walls in grid system 3,6m x 3,6m
- reinforced concrete foundations
A cetain plasticity is conveyed by the staggered position of the building units. The north and south gables are shaped differently: the former asymmetrically; the latter symmetrically. There are eight flats on every storey of each building unit made accessible by two lifts and an external fire escape. The flat entrances are accessed from square hallways at both ends of the main passageway. No cellars means that the centres for technical equipment are found on the monolithic ground floor, the loft structure is a technical storey housing the machine room for the lifts and the central ventilation system, the axes at the gable of the twenty one storey building were reserved for the installation of social facitities, for example cafes, Wein- or Bierstuben.
Information from: Erzeugnisgruppenverband Wohnungs- und Gesellschaftbau der DDR 1978: Wohnhochauskatalog. Berlin; Bezirksbauamt Berlin 1982: Magistratsvorlage. Konzeption zum Erzeugnisangebot des Wohnungsbaues in der Hauptstadt Berlin — bis 1990. Berlin.